Join the Halloween fun and get festive with my Spooky Spider Pizza recipe. This savory New York style cheese pizza is great for entertaining family and friends while the kids trick-or-treat. The artisan style recipe is a quick and easy way to impress the whole crowd with its spooky spider black olive toppings.
For this recipe I used Cali’flour Foods cauliflower spicy jalapeño pizza crust. I love this brand because their crust is hand-crafted, gluten free and made with fresh cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, eggs, jalapeño, and spice. So don’t feel guilty about your pizza cravings, go indulge with this healthy pizza recipe.
For the perfect spider topping, cut the black olives in half for the body of the spider and for the legs cut the other half into 8 thin slices.
- For the Crust:
- Cali’flour Spicy Jalapeño Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For the topping:
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Olives WHAT KIND
- Follow Cali’flour pizza crust instructions.
- For the Sauce:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-flame. Add the onion, and garlic and saute until soft; about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes without a lid. Then spread the sauce on the cauliflower crust.
- If mozzarella is cubed then grate. If it’s not then break with hands. Next, place it in a bowl and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F).
- Spread cheese on top of the tomato sauce. Then cut olives in half and cut the other half into 8 pieces. Add on top of the pizza.
- Place pizza in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is set and the cheese is bubbling. Cut into slices and serve at once!