In the 20+ years that I’ve been a fitness trainer and wellness expert, I’ve said this time and time again…I’m like a broken record. No matter what diet or nutrition plan you follow or what types of workouts you do, hydration is crucial to keeping your body in balance. There’s no question, our bodies depend on water to survive. Every cell, tissue, and organ in our bodies
One other thing I do during and after an intense workout besides rehydrating is making sure I get enough electrolytes. These are really important for keeping your body hydrated and in good balance. When you do intense exercise, you can sweat out too many of your electrolytes. Many sports-type drinks that have electrolytes also contain a lot of sugar and other nasty chemical ingredients. I’ve found an electrolyte product that I love that is totally natural called LyteShow. It’s a concentrate that you add to water, it adds a lemony tang, and a little goes a long way so it’s a great value.
On my new Cruise Control Fasting plan, which is my spin on intermittent fasting, I offer lots of ways to “cheat the fast” so you never feel hungry during your 16-hour fast. Many times, even when you’re NOT fasting – you can feel “false hunger” when you’re simply thirsty or low on electrolytes. So it’s really important to hydrate and also replace your electrolytes — especially before and after a workout.
My friends at LyteLine, who make LyteShow in addition to a whole line of amazing supplements, say they simply create BETTER hydration products. I know for a fact that the team at
Are you finding it hard to get the recommended amount of water in each day? It’s super-important, not just for keeping your body in balance, but if you’re following a plan like my Cruise Control Fasting program, you don’t want to have any false hunger pangs slowing you down. Here are a few powerful tips for staying better hydrated:
- As I mentioned before, drink before, during, and after exercise.
- Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink water – if you wait that long, you are already somewhat dehydrated!
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, which have
a highwater content.
- Carry a reusable water bottle with you, so you always have a container to fill up wherever you are.
- As I said earlier, if you think you’re feeling hungry, drink some water first. It may be false hunger and you may just be thirsty.
- Drink water at a restaurant before you order. When your body is properly hydrated, it’s easier to tell how truly hungry you are. This can prevent you from overeating!
So make sure you get all your water servings in each day, and use products like LyteShow to keep your water brimming with crucial electrolytes. To find out more about LyteLine’s amazing line of hydration products, head over to their website. And to keep up with all the latest happenings in the world of