If you ever need a pick-me-up on a cold, rainy, possibly snowy day, I have just the trick!
Hot Chocolate Truffles are the answer. They just usually aren’t the answer if you want something healthy. Well now, you can have your truffle and eat it too!
See below the recipe from Swerve of the greatest little truffle treat of all time!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla extract OR peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Crushed sugar-free peppermint candies (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and add the butter and chopped chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes to melt.
- Add the Swerve and extract and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours to firm up.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into 1 inch balls (prepare to get those hands dirty…this is a messy business!). If your mixture is crumbly, simply warm it between your palms before rolling into a ball.
- Roll the balls in cocoa powder or crushed peppermint candies. Eat as is or turn into hot chocolate!
- To use for hot chocolate, simply heat some almond milk or whole milk. Add two truffles and stir until melted.
Makes about 30 truffles. 2 truffles per serving.
Check out the recipe here: https://swervesweet.com/recipes/hot-chocolate-truffles
Check out their website for more delicious treats: https://swervesweet.com/
You can even find more deliciousness on their Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/swervesweetie/